Open Enrollment dates: November 1, 2015 – January 31, 2016. If you are unable to enroll for insurance during these Open Enrollment dates, you may qualify to purchase insurance through the Special Enrollment period!
You may qualify if:
- If you had a baby, adopted a child or placed a child for adoption, your coverage can start on the day of any of those events. You may only enroll from the day of the event up to 60 days after the event.
- If you were married outside of the open enrollment, coverage may take effect the first day of the month after you enroll. Your enrollment window is from the day you get married up to the 60th day of marriage. Note: You may not enroll until after the marriage.
- If you lost health care coverage outside of open enrollment for reasons such as losing your job-based plan, aging out of your parents’ plan at age 26, divorce, or losing Medicaid or CHIP eligibility, you can gain insurance through special enrollment. Coverage may begin the first day of the month after you enroll AND loss of your previous coverage. Your enrollment window is 60 days before losing your previous insurance until 60 days after losing your previous coverage.
- If you were denied Medicaid or CHIP coverage, your special enrollment coverage can begin the first day of the month after you enroll. Your enrollment window runs from the date of the denial up to 60 days after the date of the denial.
- If you moved outside of your current insurance plan’s service area, outside of the open enrollment period, you qualify.
- If you are gaining citizenship.
- If you are leaving incarceration.
- If you are gaining status as a member of a federally organized tribe in an Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA).
- If you were already enrolled in the Marketplace during open enrollment but your change in income affects your ability to receive premium tax credits or cost sharing reductions.
For more information about qualifying for Special Enrollment, please refer to:
If you would like personalized assistance, please contact us at: 855-726-2559 to speak with one of our Navigators.
Still unsure if you qualify for Special Enrollment? Checking is easy:
Head over to www.healthcare.gov and fill out an application.
The application will ask you specific questions to see if you qualify for the Special Enrollment period and inform you of any next steps available to you.