- Open Enrollment dates: November 1, 2015 – January 31, 2016
- December 15, 2015: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start January 1, 2016.
- January 1, 2016: 2016 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start February 1, 2016
- January 31, 2016: 2016 Open Enrollment ends. Enrollments or changes between January 16 and January 31 take effect March 1, 2016. (If you don’t enroll in a 2016 plan by January 31, 2016, you can’t enroll in a health insurance plan for 2016 unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.)
You can apply for Medicaid through the Marketplace application. See if you may qualify here. You can apply for and enroll in Medicaid or CHIP any time of year. There’s no limited enrollment period for either Medicaid or CHIP. If you qualify, your coverage can begin immediately.
A quick look at the most important things you need to know about the Health Insurance Marketplace.
The Health Insurance Marketplace offers different types of health plans to meet a variety of needs and budgets. You’ll get a clear picture of what premiums you’d pay and what benefits and protections you’d get BEFORE you enroll. Compare plans based on what’s important to you, and choose the combination of price and coverage that fits your needs and budget! Find out what you may qualify for here. Remember:
- All plans in the Marketplace offer the same set of essential health benefits.
- Plans are organized in to Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum categories.
- Balance monthly premiums with out-of-pocket costs.
No one plans to be sick or hurt, but most people do need medical care at some point! Health coverage helps pay for these costs and protects you from very high expenses. Your health insurance is there when you NEED care.
Most people will have to obtain health insurance or pay a fee. Learn about the exceptions and whether any exemptions apply to you!
Questions? Concerns? Done your research and still not clear on what’s best for you?
Call us at 855-726-2559 and we’ll talk you through it.
Just want to be sure you’ve learned all you can?
Visit the HealthCare.gov GET ANSWERS page!